John Lovett had his first one-man exhibition in 1973 at the age of 19 and has been painting and teaching ever since. His unique interpretation of his subject has a vitality that is enhanced by his use of light, vibrant color and strong sense of design. John's passion for his work and his open easy approach to teaching make his books, DVD's and workshops thoroughly enjoyable, extremely informative and always very popular.
This workshop offers 13 days of painting and adventure in the spectacular Australian Outback. Highlights include exploring Australia’s Red Centre
from Alice Springs, the spectacular Uluru and the outback oasis of Glen Helen, situated in the West MacDonnell Ranges. For all the colour and
rugged beauty of the Australian Outback laid out before your easel, who better to lead this tour than John Lovett, one of Australia’s most respected
painters. If you want to experience adventure and the best of teaching, don’t miss this workshop.
- First-class teaching by world famous watercolor artist and teacher, John Lovett.
- Welcome drinks and dinner
- Intensive painting sessions including demonstrations, painting instruction and critique sessions.
- The spectacular landscape around Glen Helen, including views of Mount Sonder, one of the
highest points in Central Australia, which changes colours
with the light
- Ormiston Gorge for a full day of painting
- The permanent Finke River waterhole
- Continental breakfasts daily
- Visit The Ochre Pits - a
registered sacred site and offers you the unique opportunity
to view an ochre deposit that is still used by the local
- Standley Chasm cuts
through the tough quartzite to form a picturesque natural
alleyway. Surging flood waters over thousands of years are
responsible for this magnificent site.
- Visit the Uluru Cultural Centre
- Visit Kata Tjuta (The Olgas), giant ochre-coloured
domed monolithic rocks made of sandstone
- Farewell drinks and dinner
- Workshop accompanied by a professional workshop manager
- A certificate confirming your successful completion of the Workshop